section p photography section p photography section p photography
Stewards: Jo Kempin 0428241225 & Gaye Bushell 0417 979 236
Entries close: Friday 20th October, 2017.
- Trophies for Classes 1 & 2 donated by Rick Wilson, Member for O’Connor
- Most Points Classes 3-14, donated by Katanning Lions Club & Graham & Ros Trott
- Best Print Classes 3-14, donated by Campbell Becks Smart Shop
- Most Points, Classes 15 – 20, donated by Shirley Brokenshire
- Best Print Classes 15 – 20, donated by Helen Bignell
There are no entry fees. All mounted photos & entry forms are to be delivered to Campbell Becks Smart Shop, 38 Austral Terrace or the CRC, Albion St, Katanning, by 5pm on Friday 20th October 2017. No late entries will be accepted. All photos must have been taken by the exhibitor. Entries must not have been exhibited at the Katanning Show in previous years. All prints are to be mounted on black card with approx. 2cm border & securely fixed to mount with double-sided tape. Please have Velcro dots on the back of the mounted photo to help with the hanging of photos. All entries must have entrants name, phone number & class on the back top left-hand corner. Exhibits can be collected on Saturday 28th October between 6.00 & 7.00pm, uncollected photos may be collected from the CRC from 2nd November.
* PLEASE note the size of photos for each Part.
Prints to be 21cm x 29.7cm (A4) only, Colour or black & white. Maximum of TWO entries per entrant per class. Open to all ages.
- Wild Weather & its consequence’s; Photos that capture the effect or damage of Storms, lightening, floods, fire, wind & hail etc.
- Recovery; Show the repair or physical improvement of the area/infrastructure that the ‘Wild Weather’ impacted on or destroyed.
Note; If you would like to or if possible, show the ‘before’ in class 1 & the ‘after’ in class 2.
Prints to be min. size 10cm x 15cm (postcard), max. Size 21cm x 29.7cm (A4), Colour or black & white. Maximum of TWO entries per entrant per class.
- Child’s world; child/children engaged in activities typical of childhood, they are to be absorbed in/by the activity.
- Character Study; use props or activity to help show the personality of the person.
- Landscape/Seascape; show the natural scenery of the terrain/ocean. Prefer no sign of man-made objects.
- Macro; An image taken at a close distance from a subject that reveals significantly more detail than would generally be observable with the naked eye.
- Rural; subject or activity that shows life away from the city & suburbs.
- Open; any subject not listed.
Prints to be max. Size 10cm x 15cm (postcard) only, Colour or black & white. Maximum of 2 entries per entrant per class.
- Monochromatic; any subject/ image toned in one colour, doesn’t have to be B&W.
- The colour pink; the main focus/focal point of the picture must be a shade of pink.
- ‘Look inside’; Open something up to show the inside e.g. fruit, vegetables, machines, Mum’s handbag!?!
- ‘Silhouette’; a subject photographed against the light so that the subject is black with no detail other than its shape.
- Floral Study; an image of any flower/s on a plant or tree.
- Celebration; show people celebrating an occasion, e.g. Marriage, birthdays, festivals, parades…
(High School Students). Prints to be size 10cm x 15cm (postcard), Colour or black & white. Maximum of TWO entries per entrant per class.
- Mono-popped colour; an image converted to greyscale with some of the colour/s brought back in key parts.
- IPHONE Foto; an interesting picture that has been taken on your phone.
- Portrait of family &/or friends; a clear image of people in an organized setting e.g. some sitting & standing.
- Frame your Subject; using nature or props to surround the subject, also try different angles & perspectives.
- The letter ‘K’; an image that clearly shows the subjects first letter begins with K, e.g. kettle, kit-kat…
- Open; any subject not listed.
Students are encouraged to participate in Parts 1-3 of Section P
Primary School Students – Juniors see Section Q8
KRBA PHOTO COMPETITION
The Katanning Regional Business Association is looking for a new front cover for
The Katanning & Districts – Business & Community Directory 2018/19.
1st PRIZE – $250 CASH
There are no entry fees. All mounted photos & entry forms are to be delivered to Campbell Becks Smart Shop, 38 Austral Terrace or the CRC, Albion St, Katanning, by 5pm on Friday 20th October 2017. No late entries will be accepted. All photos must have been taken by the exhibitor. ALL PHOTOS ENTERED IN THIS CLASS MUST BE AVAILABLE DIGITALLY, MUST BE HIGH RESOLUTION AND AT LEAST 300 DPI. All prints are to be mounted on black card with approx. 2cm border & securely fixed to mount with double-sided tape. Please have Velcro dots on the back of the mounted photo to help with the hanging of photos. Print size to be 21.5cm height x 15cm wide (portrait orientation A5). All entries must have entrants name, phone number & class on the back top left-hand corner. Entries can be colour or black & white.
- KRBA COMPETITION: THEME – Depicting life it the Great Southern
The judge’s decision is final, if a suitable photo is not picked for the front cover from the entries received, the $250 cash prize will be void. If a winner is picked the prize is acquisition, the winning photograph may be used or recreated by the Katanning Agricultural, Pastoral & Horticultural Society Inc or Katanning Regional Business Association.
Please read the Rules and Conditions of Entry
ON-LINE ENTRY FORM
HARD COPY ENTRY FORM
Section P Photography